Was geht denn hier bei Coinmerce und der holländischen Regierung ab?
Ich soll meine privaten Wallet Adressen bei Coinmerce verifizieren - aka meine Wallet Adressen zu deren KYC Daten hinzufügen?
Das geht mir jetzt echt zu weit.
Klar kann man jetzt erst mal Umwege gehen - anderes Exchange Wallet zwischenschalten etc. - aber alleine schon der Versuch ekelt mich irgendwie an.
Und das ganze mit ner Vorlaufzeit von heute auf morgen - um den Leuten nicht mal Zeit zum nachdenken zu lassen. Finde ich super krass…
Das kam heute per Email rein:
Withdrawal address verification
We are contacting you concerning a new requirement for withdrawing cryptocurrency to an external address. This new requirement will be implemented tomorrow (12th of January) at 09:00 UTC.
Why are we implementing this?
Dutch Sanction law requires us to verify ownership of external wallets. This means that next time you want to withdraw your cryptocurrency to an external wallet, for example, a Ledger, Trezor or exchange, you will have to verify you have control over that wallet. The verification is only needed once, as soon as we have approved your wallet verification, it will be added to your address book.
Different type of wallets
There are three different types of wallets which you can verify:
• Exchange wallet: A wallet which is provided by an exchange or broker. With these wallets, you don’t have access to the private key and your wallet is linked to the account. For example Binance, KuCoin or Kraken
• Personal wallet: A wallet for which you own the private key, like a hardware-, software-, mobile- or web wallet. For example Ledger, Trezor, Exodus, Blockchain.com
• New private wallet: We provide you with a new personal wallet outside of Coinmerce.
How to verify
Verifying ownership over a wallet is performed through one of the following methods:
• Tiny deposit: Send a small amount from the wallet you wish to verify to Coinmerce. (Only for Personal wallets)
• Screenshot: Upload a screenshot of your wallet. The screenshot should show the public address and website URL. (For both Exchange and Personal wallets)
• Signing: Sign a message using your private key. Please note that this is option is only recommended for technical people. (Only for Personal wallets)
If you have any questions regarding this new procedure, please let us know. We are eager to help.